The executive team needed help interpreting multiple data outputs to allow the business to target their marketing budget that would give the best exposure to their target clientele. The ungrouped raw data, held within multiple locations made any analysis exceedingly difficult and time-consuming.
Capitalised on their current performance data and leveraged Microsoft Excel’s built-in automation capabilities with Power Query and VBA macros, Terra Firma’s business consultant Carl Horn developed an automated report that updated its dashboard in under one minute and provided summarised dashboards that could be quickly reviewed and understood.
Results & Benefits
Power BI dashboarding proved a success for multiple teams; The Executive Team, The Operations Team, and Marketing. Leveraging dashboarding, enabled the teams to now have readily available live data access to the following:
- Enhanced Visibility
- Power BI dashboards provide greater visibility with information available whenever it is required to ensure businesses are better placed to respond to dynamic market changes
- Timesaving Efficiency
- BI dashboarding allowed the various teams to save time by generating a single pane view; data is drawn from a centralised source and displayed as an easy-to-interpret visual view
- Better Forecasting
- With greater insight into each data set, future demand can be more accurately predicted using historical information. Businesses can effectively plan for demand fluctuations for the next cycle, setting measurable goals and deliverables for greater success.
- Key Performance Indicators
- BI dashboarding can source data from multiple areas displaying the information as easy-to-understand visuals in real-time. This provides key decision-makers with an overview of current KPIs to assess different areas of performance while creating actionable insights.
- Better decision-making
- A BI dashboard allows companies to analyse key data quickly and meticulously. Visualised interactivity serves to deliver overwhelming amounts of data in a way that is easy to understand. With the ability to easily identify what the data means;
- better decisions can be made relevant to the business. Dashboards give the business a single application for connecting to, interacting with, evaluating, and visualising any data, from various sources on any device to manage.
This allowed the organisation to quickly gain insights into what type of posts were giving them the best exposure and interactions allowing them to target the best performing posts. The ability to quickly update the report also allowed them to effortlessly monitor performance metrics on a monthly. The new dashboard will support the future planning and assist the business in aligning with its marketing strategies.