Our client is responsible for delivery of ICT services to a large state government enterprise. They needed an IT Disaster Recovery Master Plan (DRMP) to support the resilience of IT services for the department.
Terra Firma’s Business Continuity and Resilience team were provided thought leadership, subject matter expertise and delivered the new ITDRMP.
To deliver the ITDRMP, our team navigated a dynamic and highly complex IT landscape. We considered key supplier dependencies, organisational roles and responsibilities, business priorities, business applications, ICT infrastructure and the relationship to Business Continuity.
The ITDRMP included escalation and activation processes, IT Service Recovery priorities, communications protocols within ICT and our client’s business, and clear roles and responsibilities.
We leveraged our strength in Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery to provide our client with subject matter experts who:
- Drive the ITDRMP consolidation and creation process.
- Facilitate IT DR workshops.
- Provide best practice ITDRMP templates embodying the best of Terra Firma’s business continuity, crisis management and disaster recovery experience.
- Tailor the recommended approach to align with the department’s IT Major Incident Management (MIM), Cyber Incident Response and overall Incident, Business Continuity, and Crisis Management frameworks.
- Deliver education and awareness to the department’s IT team.
The project adopted an agile mindset with fortnightly “sprint” targets. We focused on sharing and transparency across working documentation and incremental delivery.
To achieve optimal results, we used project tracking tools and fortnightly project progress reporting, collaborating closely with the Client’s Project Manager. .
The engagement ran entirely virtually using MS Teams for meetings, workshops and collaboration.
Our client’s new IT Disaster Recovery Master Plan successfully:
- leveraged the outcomes from Terra Firma’s recent Business Continuity Program for the department, to prioritise 155 applications in recovery order in alignment with business needs.
- identified primary and alternate recovery owners as well as the supporting recovery plans for applications.
- defined new escalation and activation procedures.
- established new roles and team structures that brought the IT teams together to coordinate the tactical management and operational recovery of ICT systems enabled our client to deliver in advance of committed audit finding timeframes.
- delivered a flexible plan which can adapt to the constantly changing ICT landscape.
Terra Firma’s project built a foundation for our client to further develop their ICT Disaster Recovery capabilities, providing them with strong direction for the future.